Universitat Pompeu Fabra
Departament de Tecnologies de la Informació i les Comunicacions
Edifici Tànger - Despatx 55.228 (Campus del Poblenou)
Email: firstname dot lastname at upf dot edu
ORCID iD | TechRxiv | Google Scholar
Hello, I am Costas. I was born in Cyprus in 1984 and I have studied Electrical and Computer Engineering in Thessaloniki, Greece. I am pursuing a PhD at Universitat Pompeu Fabra in Barcelona, Spain, under the supervision of Boris Bellalta. My research interests lie in the area of network protocols. I reside at data link layer, but I also visit physical layer and network layer. I am particularly interested in sensor networks. Despite my devotion to computer culture, I am also interested in the humanities, especially music. My favorite instrument is the greek lute.
Network Engineering (2021-2022)
Check this page for the course materials.
Seminars and problem sessions. Check Aula Global for more details!
Wireless Sensor Networks (2021-2022)
Introduction to LoRaWAN and NB-IoT.
- C. Michaelides and F. Pavlidou, "Mutual Aid Among Sensors: An Emergency Function for Sensor Networks", IEEE Sensors Letters, September 2020. Preprint
- C. Michaelides and F. Pavlidou, "Uplink NOMA in Body Area Networks With Simple Node Pairing Strategies", IEEE Sensors Journal, August 2020. Preprint
- C. Michaelides, M. Iloridou, and F. Pavlidou, "An Improved Mobility Aware Relaying Scheme for Body Area Networks", IEEE Sensors Journal, August 2019. Preprint
- C. Michaelides and F. Pavlidou, "Programmable MAC in Body Area Networks, One Command at a Time", IEEE Sensors Letters, July 2019. Preprint
Papers in conference proceedings
- C. Michaelides, T. Adame, and B. Bellalta, "ECTS: Enhanced Centralized TSCH Scheduling with Packet Aggregation for Industrial IoT", 2021 IEEE Conference on Standards for Communications and Networking (CSCN), Thessaloniki, Greece, December 2021. Preprint
- C. Michaelides, M. Iloridou, and F. Pavlidou, "In Search of the Lost Nodes in BANs", IEEE 26th International Conference on Network Protocols (ICNP), Cambridge, UK, September 2018. Preprint